AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one in Goodguys during the weekend. Very plain looking, not even a Progressice wording on its front panel. According to Philips web site, it is supposed to have the FLI2200 Faroudja chip inside. I've been waiting to get a progressive changer for some time and have pretty much dicided on the JVC 7-disc changer. The only thing that's holding me back is the JVC's video de-interlacing performance. If the Philips really does have the Faroudja chip and has it implemented correctly, then I'll definitely consider it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
...did you ever figure out that this player does NOT have the Faroudja chip? I did - the HARD way! I bought it, and pulled the cover off. It has a Mediamatics chipset.

I ranted at Philips till they changed their Website (which they HAVE done, now), but I still have to figure out what to do with this thing.

Just FYI.

Quote:
According to Philips web site, it (Philips 972C) is supposed to have the FLI2200 Faroudja chip inside ...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I didn't get the Philips since I couldn't get a definite answer and instead settled on a JVC XV-FA90BK 7-Disc changer which I like very much (film-based video performance).

A reply is always appreciated no matter how late it is! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.