AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting the Toshiba 42h82. Can get one from Best Buy for about 1299.00 before tax. The picture looks pretty good in the store. My biggest concern is a.) quality and b.) burn-in. a.) is pretty easy.... any opinions on Toshiba quality? b.) is a little tricker. DLP and LCD isnt an option. I have had the Samsung 5065W inhome for about a week and a half. The picture is amazing, but once the coolness of the technology faded, I just cannot justify 4 grand. Movies are also a little "artificial" looking. I have been told that Burn In is not a big problem with the proper care. Ive got AVIA and I can live with keeping it at lower light levels. But one of the saleman also told me that Burn In is related to the quality of the light guns in the TV. I plan to play XBOX and PS2 on the TV. I don't like 4:3, I always use stretch mode when watching 4:3 on a WS television. My question is ,in your opinion, is the Toshiba a quality enough product to avoid burn in with proper care? Any info or links to reviews is always welcome.

P.S. My other option is a 36 inch Tube HDTV monitor. Not sure how I would like DVDs on it, but I could always pick a cheaper RPTV later if the danger of burn in is that bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.