AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some loooooooowwww end onkyo speakers from a 5100 HTIB. I upgraded the 506 receiver to the onkyo 606 receiver. Now it it time for the speakers. I am about 60% tv 33% movies 1% music. It is time to upgrade speakers. I am looking to spend around $175 per "set". From what I am reading the order should be Center, Fronts, sub (dog hates bass so i probaly wont upgrade), sides and finaly rears. Is this the best order?\\

I am looking at around $175 at most per set. so $175 for the center, $175 for both fronts.

I am new to the whole home entertainment scene so do not really know what brands to go with. I know polk momo always sounded good in my cars though

What center should i pick up for my budget? And will I notice with only a center or will it really be more benificial to get the center and fronts at once? Am low on my bugjet since i just got the 606.

Edit- if it matters i am going to build a shelf to fit it under my wallmount tv.

Here is a past post about my room setup

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am assuming you will be going with bookshelves? Let me see if I get this right.....Your budget for your front three speakers (Left, center, Right) is $525? As long as your front threes are matching brand and model, you should be fine. You can add your old speakers as surrounds for now if you want.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
175 for the center and 175 for a pair of fronts = 350 .sorry if I worded it bad. Also I would like black. and yes to the bookshelves, forgot that too. Don't want the kids or dogs hitting them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts