AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new guy here. so if im in the wrong forum, sorry. i need opinoins on the yamaha yht-900. good buy or not?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Maybe I'm not the best to answer but for my 2 cents worth I have never been a fan of Yamaha's consumer products, whether they be speakers, CD/DVD players or receivers. The sound very tinny to me.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
This is a very busy forum. If you put, "Need Opinions on the Yamaha YHT-900" in the title it might stand out to people who know of these speakers. Also, how much are you spending for them, are you using them for music or HT, and what size of a room are you trying to fill, and what are you going to run them with? I'm new, too, but these are the kinds of things these guys like to know to be able to respond. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. It will be for music and HT. Room size is 18x10. Probably spend around 1300$ for it. Its a home theater in a box, 6.1,dvd player and reciever. Just wanted to know if i would be better off buying everything separate or not. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I think there have been responses to this type of question before. ;)

Try reading this thread, then type in some other words like "value" and search only the speaker forum, or all of audio in the "search" function. These guys around here seem very knowledgeable about putting low-cost/high-value systems together. I'd read a lot before buying any one item. (Well, I did, and now have pushed those purchases aside for others.)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ghlight=energy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.