AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....so I know this isn't *REALLY* on-topic for this forum, but I deemed it "most-correct" given the forum choices available.

I've got a Garrard Synchro-Lab turntable here that needs a new Drive (idler?) wheel - the rubber wheel that moves up and down the motor shaft to change speed and drives the bottom of the actual platter. The old one just does not grip well, with the end result being the record plays about 1/3 too slow.

I'm running into a couple problems here, with the biggest being Garrard no longer exists :) Aside from that, I can't find a model number on the turntable. The turntable looks a _LOT_ like the Synchro-lab 95, however, instead of knobs to select the operation mode and speed, my turntable has black plastic sliders. Otherwise, it looks pretty much the same.

Does anyone know what model this turntable is, or where I can obtain a replacement part? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to avoid doing that, as it's just deteriorated, and I suspect any similar turntable I would purchase for parts would be deteriorated just as badly as it will be just as old.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. Not a Lab 80. I'll post a picture in a few minutes. It really looks just like the 95 except there are 2 black sliders instead of the silver knobs

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First Pic

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pic 2

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try http://turntableexperts.com whose website states:

In the mid 1980’s Garrard closed. A portion of their inventory went to South Street Service Company, and in the late 1990’s, we added to that inventory by buying out the inventory of a large distributor.

We have a huge inventory of idlers, belts, headshells, tone arms, motors, harnesses, spindles, 45 adaptors, service manuals, springs, etc. Some motors, idlers, and other parts are not longer available, but can be rebuilt.

If you are unsure of what it is you need for your turntable, contact us and we will help you.

Listed below is a sampling of the most commonly used parts.

Sounds like what you need...

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Barrister, you need to edit the comma from the end of that URL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.