AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is unsuccessfully attempting to stream pc games so I can watch. I guess can anyone start me off from the beginning? I.E. what program to use, settings, etc? He has an i3 with 8 gigs of ram, and 3 MB upload; although he has no capture card . He has black bars on the side for some reason, lots of stuttering, and a weird sound issue with buzzing or something echoey going on. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
People might be able to help out if they knew what software he was using and which streaming service, although honestly he should be the one looking into it since he has the pc.

There are guides out there for just about any possible combination.

Best of luck,

Jason

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Streaming is VERY cpu intensive, the i3 really isn't going to cut it. He should use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), stream to Twitch.tv. Look around the net to find the best settings to use in OBS, but really, that cpu is a huge hindrance.

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
I have OBS set up for Twitch but after getting the GTX 780 Ghz I now use the Shadowplay to Twitch feature and the streams look even better than what I was doing with OBS (while offloading some of the work to the GPU).

I am fairly new to streaming however so still just messing around with it, not an expert by any means.

Jason

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp  /t/1526165/need-pc-game-stream-help#post_24579877

I have OBS set up for Twitch but after getting the GTX 780 Ghz I now use the Shadowplay to Twitch feature and the streams look even better than what I was doing with OBS (while offloading some of the work to the GPU).

I am fairly new to streaming however so still just messing around with it, not an expert by any means.

Jason

I like Shadowplay, but the major problem is if the game loses focus (i.e. you Alt-Tab or you click outside the game window), Shadowplay stops streaming.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice, I'll have him try OBS and report back/see if we can't figure things out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently, he is using OBS, but the biggest problem is the audio. I don't know how to describe it. It kind of buzzes or gives feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts