Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have looked around the FAQ's and did some searches. I learned a lot but haven't hit the bullseye just yet. My application seems to be a little different since it's not of the home theater style, and primarily not video.

My client is primarily looking to display computer video. The room and table size dictates that the nearest viewer will be about five feet away, and the farthest about twenty. The wall they want to mount it on has some millwork and wall decorations that will probably limit them to a 50" or smaller screen.

I have recommended an LCD projector because I think in general we can get more resolution and a larger image size, but they are looking for the coolness factor that only a plasma can provide! :p

If you guys have any product recommendations or observations please let me know. Oh, and their budget is most likely

·
Super Moderator
21,701 Posts
we use a Pioneer 503CMX in a conference room: it replaced a pull down screen and projector and everyone likes it much better

the Pioneer is recognized as a plug and play monitor: visitors who bring their own PC and projector for a presentation see the plasma and hook up to it: it always gets high praise

you don't need a plug in video card for PC only use: be sure to set 'auto power off' in the Pioneer menu and take reasonable precautions against burn-in

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been lurking on this thread for months, looking to buy a plasma but impatiently waiting for my kids to grow up and stop touching the TV.

Anyway, I visit and do presentations at a fair number of clients, and I have a lot more respect for the A/V guys at the client (or maybe the interior decorator) when I see a Pioneer plasma in the conference room (as I did at Cognos' headquarters - might as well give them credit) versus a second tier brand. Most visitors probably wouldn't notice the difference, but just in case your client is sensitive to perception, that's my two cents.

Oh, and I hate plasmas for hooking up my PC for a presentation. The stretched screen is atrocious for my company's software application, and forget about suggesting that they change to 4:3 just to accomodate my preference. I'm happy when someone at the client knows how to operate their projector, never mind a plasma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.