AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I bought a Panasonic TH-50PZ80OU plasma and a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu Ray Player.

Unfortunately, since it is on a shelf in my family room, I do not have space for a stand alone receiver. So, I am using an old Samsung HT-WP38 HTIB. But, I have replaced the speakers with JBL SCS500s.

It's rated at a total of 800 watts. The sound for music and regular DVD's is great. Meaning, I can set the volume in the mid-range and it works fine.

When I put in a Blu-Ray disc, the sound of the promos is also great. But, when the actual movie begins, I have to push the volume to the MAX and it's still not nearly enough.

I, obviously, need more power. But, due to space limitations, it looks like I'm going to have to look for another HTIB.

Can somebody please suggest a system? I am limited to a maxium width of just just under 17".

At one point, ONKYO was selling a "short" 6.1 receiver (TX-LR552) that I could have probably shoe-horned in. But, that is no longer available.

The obvious solution is by a nice receiver and it and the components off to the side. But, since this is the family room, that is not an option with my wife......

I'm open to all suggestions. Just want to be able to have the Blu-Ray sound match my incredible picture.

Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If your regular DVDs sound fine, then you're getting enough power.

What I would suggest is running whatever calibration software the Samsung has.

What are you using for audio in from the Blu-ray to the HTIB? Is it different than the regular DVD player? If so it might be a problem with the audio output of the Blu-Ray player.

You should be able to go into the Samsungs settings and either do some sort of calibration, or set the levels of each individual speaker. This should help at least.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts