AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**** Update ****

Good news! The 46XF550’s RGB cuts are intact.

I mistakenly assumed (you know what happens…) that since one other posters cuts where not active that mine would be too….I was trying to be proactive…oops

So far I have put together a nice grayscale, reasonable gamma, now I’m working on getting the gamut within 709 specs.

**** Update *****

Well I'm diving into doing my own calibration. I love to tinker and after reading Tom's and Kal's information I'm looking forward to getting the most out of my new LCD! (46xf550)

It appears that the cut settings have been disabled in the service menu for the XF series. Here is a great thread on the panel:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1006689

Not sure why they would leave the RGB gains open but disable the RGB cuts….

Anyhow since I know many of you may not follow this thread, I had a couple of questions to ask:

1) Do you know how to enable the cuts? Worth a try….if you don’t ask…

2) Who would YOU contact? I’ve tried two service centers…so far I know more than they do about the service menus.

3) If you are a Pro calibrator, what do you do? Work around it? Caveat the job? Not do the job? Any resources you use (ISF, Toshiba, etc)?

I don’t mind doing the leg work/phone calls etc. I just wanted to see if any pros could point me in the right direction so I don’t go tilting at windmills.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
greetings

May as well ask Toshiba to redesign the TV along the way too.

I'm sure they have their reasons for locking it out ... and you are not supposed to be in there anyway ... so asking for something like that is sort of an admission of guilt to Toshiba.

As a calibrator ...we work around it ... make due with what they give us. Some sets like the pioneer Kuros (non-elites) calibrate okay with only one set of controls.

Regards

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV /forum/post/14167397

greetings

May as well ask Toshiba to redesign the TV along the way too.

I'm sure they have their reasons for locking it out ... and you are not supposed to be in there anyway ... so asking for something like that is sort of an admission of guilt to Toshiba.

As a calibrator ...we work around it ... make due with what they give us. Some sets like the pioneer Kuros (non-elites) calibrate okay with only one set of controls.

Regards

Thanks Michael!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
**** Update ****

Good news! The 46XF550's RGB cuts are intact.

I mistakenly assumed (you know what happens) that since one other poster's cuts where not active that mine would be too.I was trying to be proactiveoops

So far I have put together a nice grayscale, reasonable gamma, now I'm working on getting the gamut within 709 specs.

**** Update *****

1 - 4 of 4 Posts