AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, have a couple questions but on this issue I don't have a few days to try to read 300 threads .....

Situation is this...I need to find out if there is a projector out there

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King244 /forum/post/17044024

ok, it's about a 46' throw and screen will be approx. 16x7......couldnt find anything with that long a throw...?

You'll need to get a special lens to increase the throw (I believe like a telephoto kinda lens), but I don't even know if that would increase the throw by THAT much.

·
Registered
237 Posts
youd be better off looking for office projectors. at that throw distance things are going to be pretty tough with a regular HT projector. Most dont even hit 2000 lumens. at 40' you're going to need close to (maybe even more) 3000 lumens.

I just did some looking on projector central, and you might look into an Optoma HD71. It's CLOSE to what your looking for. The only down side is ambient light, especially with outdoor placement, it's just gonna completely wash out the picture on a projector that is already notorious for lacking finer details. But if you want to be able to vaguely make out what is going on in a scene, it MIGHT be possible with that one. Screen size on a 46' throw with that projector is 183" (15'3") high by 325" (27'). 31' Diagonal.

I think you might be out of luck on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.