AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a used (1 month, 5 hours) Z2 at a substantial (>25%) discount, but I am told the warranty is not transferrable. From looking around here, it appears the only item resulting in return is a severe VB on some units - so if that is not present now, it shouldn't be later, and then it's just a gamble on things like stuck pixels showing up? Hqas anyone seen or heard of other severe problems popping up, or recall such things in the first year of the Z1 launch? (perhaps that isn't a fair comparison/guide tho). OTOH, seems we're hearing enough uncomplimentary things about Sanyo's service/support that am I really missing much? (semi-sarcastic) Anyone know what the actual cost of repairing things like stuck pixels would be?

My gut feel is to take a pass, but the lure of a good deal is strong - any opinions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just my two cents: Another AVS member was kind enough to demo their Z2 for me a few days ago, and while in the middle of the demo his bulb started to die! This was on a Z2 with around 100 hours, I really felt bad for him since he is Z2'less on Super bowl weekend.

Personally I would only buy one with a warranty just in case the bulb dies on me. Also I was impressed enough with the short demo I ordered myself a Z2. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, as I was typing this part of me was saying 'you're an idiot'. I think I'll follow my instincts and pass. If anyone is more adventurous, I can point you to this item for sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.