AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have $3500 or so to spend on a DLP projector. I don't have time to do research on this forum right now. I have in the past received excellent advice on audio equipment here.

My room will have complete lighting control. I have my eye on the Piano Plus 3200. Does anyone have any other recommendations on a projector in this price range. At this time I don't a HDTV receiver and don't plan on having one for a while.

I haven't checked out LCD in years has that technology caught up with DLP?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27,978 Posts
The NEC LT-240 or LT-260 should be in your price range. I am very pleased with my LT-240. However, if you are sensitive to the rainbow artifact you may find them distracting.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
The NEC LT240 and 260 are good, as already suggested.

For considerably less, try the Infocus X1. For about your price, look also at the Sharp M20x and the Infocus LP650. For a bit more, try the NEC HT 1000.

The X1 and HT1000 look like the value leaders in their respective price categories. Few have seen the X1 yet, the others I mentioned are all out in the marketplace.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes but the piano too and it has a beautiful picture. And contrast and color fidelity are much more important than resolution. Your eyes do the math...

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I don't disagree with that, but why not have contrast, color fidelity and XGA resolution? I just can't see spending money for SVGA.

Jon

·
Registered
362 Posts
That was why LT240/260 was suggested

·
Registered
90 Posts
Piano isn't 800x600, its 848x600 or something like that. Basically it does native DVD resolution, so if you are mostly watching DVDs its a great match. Auditioning is the best bet.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I would second that....my best suggestion is to not be looking for a "quick" answer on the forum. Take the time necessary to research the forum and then take that information and apply it to your personal thoughts when "demoing" your narrowed field in person.

There are lots of fantastic information on this board, but remember it is all a person's opinion, not fact. Your eyes will give you your answer (the answer that's right for you).

Unless you are in a unique financial situation, you will probably live with this projector for several years. Don't rush yourself into a decision. Just trying to help :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.