AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a Pio elite vsx56txi receiver I bought new for a grand a long time ago. It doesnt work now, just the standby light blinks. If you press a button the stanby light stays on then goes back to blinking. So I tryed all the fixes the forum members mentioned and no go. So I figure its dead and just want it gone. Put it on craiglist for someone to come pick it up and use it for parts. Ok now I get inundated with responses within minutes which makes me think, is there something im not seeing and im giving away alot of money in receiver for free? Any ideas why people want it? I thought once these things amps were fried they were paperweights. Waiting to hear back along with the hundred or so craiglisters that want to track me down now. thanks.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

if i was closer, i'd come pick it up right now...
heck, if you've got a box to put it in, i'll pay you to ship it to me...

there is some "value" in that avr, if for no other reason that it is i-link enabled...

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
because:

1) new avr's don't have it...

2) the avr can be made to work again...

can "you" fix it? i don't know. do you have access to a service manual and the tools/knowledge necessary to diagnose and fix electronics?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
what i would do if i liked it that much...

find a local electronics shop in your yellow pages... give them a call and ask them what their diagnostics charge on a receiver would be... can't hurt to a bit of research and find out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts