AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony STR-DH800 receiver and Sharp LC-60LE810UN TV and would like to have the TV power up when the receiver is powered up. Power down is not a problem, since the TV can be configured to power down after 15 minutes of no input.

The TV has a setting where it can power itself up when the input becomes active. I have been able to trigger this to verify it works. The problem in normal operation seems to be that the receiver does not negotiate with the input sources unless it has established communication with the TV first. So the TV doesn't turn on, because there is no video coming in over HDMI.

Both devices support CEC, but after turning it on for both, powering up the receiver does not power up the TV.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
The Sharp has a number of power-saving modes. You want to use the least amount of power-saving possible (uses the most amount of power). That may solve the problem.

If not, check the Sony for similar power-saving options and disable those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the power-saving modes. They only affect reducing the power used by the backlight.

I guess I left a little out about my setup. I have the Harmony Smart Control. The IR hub is located in an equipment closet that would be difficult to get an IR blaster out to the TV. In the past I used a Harmony 890 that would send IR from the remote and RF to the hub in the closet.

If I turn CEC on for both, it works in reverse from how I need it. Turning on/off the TV turns on/off the receiver. I would like it the other way. It may not be possible though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts