AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I looked at some other threads on receiver advice and have a somewhat unique need.

Here is what I want to accomplish, and not necessarily with one component. I am open to all ideas!

Here is the basic layout.

50 inch panasonic plasma in living room

42 inch plasma in bedroom

32 inch lcd in bathroom

Standard surround setup, klipsch center, fronts, surround, and sub.

Don't need 7.1 surround and probably not 3D

In wall speakers in bedroom, bathroom, and on deck

HDMI-

tivo HD XL premier

PS3

Sony DVD burner

Here is what I want to be able to do:

Watch something different on the living room and bedroom tv.

IE play playstation in living room while someone watches tivo in the bedroom. Bedroom tv and bathroom tv can both show the same all the time. (splitter? do they make an hdmi splitter)

I want to be able to have the non theater speakers play music independent of the tv's.

I have most of my music on my PS3, but would be open to pandora if I can incorporate it somehow.

Ipod dock would be nice

I have the yamaha and a sony reciever that I could use for the house speakers too if it would simplify anything.

I also need some sort of remote control system that would work anywhere in the house.

The house is a 120 year old victorian so most RF remotes (like my dish 722 remotes) won't work through the walls.

I would like to keep it under 800 is possible! And if anything from best buy would work, all the better, I have their card.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
What you want to do requires a professional install because of the complicated cable runs etc.

Until then most $1000 receivers have dual hdmi out but not 2 different hd video signals.

This would work for the bedroom/bathroom situation. To get 2 discrete hd feeds out is done

by a $5000 receiver. Forgot the brand. Don't bother.

You have to run speaker wires to 2 rooms so put a receiver in both. Connect the ir remote

control signals by running a 1/8" minijack cable to a powered connection block.

Put ir receiver in tv room and plug other end minijack to ir in on back of

home theater receiver or put emitter in front of game ir receivers.

You are looking at all this minimum or hire the pro to do a central distribution system.

I would give someone local a call as this could get very expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can do the install, wiring is no problem.

I found a Yamaha at best buy with 2 hdmi outs, but of course their sales people had no clue if it could do what I want.

And no one local knows of anything that handles one hdmi IN and two OUT.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garlicbreath
I can do the install, wiring is no problem.

I found a Yamaha at best buy with 2 hdmi outs, but of course their sales people had no clue if it could do what I want.

And no one local knows of anything that handles one hdmi IN and two OUT.
All the $1000 and up receivers have dual hdmi out now but they don't have dual video feeds out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.