AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in a market for new system and I need your help or suggestion. My budget is less then 1k for a complete system and I narrowed it down to three option.

1st option is Denon 1911 or 1912 receiver, pairing with either Energy flat panel 5.1 packages (FP-60) from Ebay or paradigm 5.1 set.
http://www.energy-speakers.com/na-en...p-60-overview/
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2nd option is Onkyo HTS 7300 or 8400

3rd option is Samsung HTC-6730.

Or different option?

I will use mostly for watching movies so any recommendation/suggestion would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Option 1 gives you a receiver from a company that is known for receivers and speakers from a company that is know to make speakers....

·
Registered
44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk /forum/post/20767748

Option 1 gives you a receiver from a company that is known for receivers and speakers from a company that is know to make speakers....

I agree. Option 1 will probably have the best overall sound quality. The other setups aren't bad, but you'll be getting "Onkyo" speakers... The ones that came w/ my 5300 are about what I expected...okay.

If you shop around, you can probably peice together a great system. Try Newegg, J&R, Vanns, and B&H photo.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyxwb /forum/post/20766341

3rd option is Samsung HTC-6730.

I will use mostly for watching movies so any recommendation/suggestion would greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey, I can't speak about option 1 or 2. But I just picked up the Samsung HT-C6730W @ Searsoutlet for a feaking song $239.## still Brand New in the Box.

WoW is it impressive. I have been playing with it for the past few days, and in that particular room (kind of a TV / Now also Movie room) going from TV speakers to this was PHENOMINAL!! If you already have a HT system w/ your TV it may not be as impressive. The gauge of the wire is not very thick, however, the clarity of the sound is so vastly improved over the 2 TV speakers that it makes me cry I didn't set my Home Stereo up in there before.

Used it to watch Lord of the Rings Blu-ray and it was like night and day. Once the music score and sound effects are seperated out from 2 ch to 7.1 the dialog on the movie is so much easier to hear clearly.

==Overal the system was the 2010 model so it's getting a bit long in the tooth and lacks some apps like Amazon video streaming (and despite claims otherwise) I find no Blockbuster app installed or available from the Samsung App store for that model.

==Also I've had a bit of trouble, with the Wifi settings. My key for the router is a 26 digit hexi-decimal A-F & 0-9 code. However, after unplugging the unit after first setting up the wifi, it now only allows placement of 25 digits... not the 26 I needed. So far I've been unable to correct the situation. One of those head scratchers (wishing I never unplugged it thing). I've tried, power cycling, setting up the wired network again, using the initial set up as well as the direct Network settings. This time I can't get it to accept the 26th digit.

But I'm sure it will become clear with more time & maybe a phone call to Samsung.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.