Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Under $500 if possible

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I power my Rti12's with a 400 watt per channel Samson sx1800. Samash.com. It's $349 or so. Ignore the sale language, as it's ALWAYS on "sale" for $349. That's the real regular price.

I've used it for about 1 year, and it's been spectatcular for me. Check it out and see if you like it. It freed up my denon 3805 to handle the rest of the speakers, and made those sound better too as a result!

You could pay slightly more and get a CRown, which many folks on the board seem to like, as well. In theory, it is better quality than the Samson. I did not compare them, as $349 was a stretch for me at the time with my AV budget. Again, check out sam ash or any music store for a Crown.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you cneely8 for your kind answer

I will check the Samson and Crown.

I am planning to buy (upgrade) when release (hopefully mid summer) a Denon (3808?) receiver with HDMI 1.3 and I do not know if 120 wpc will be enough to drive my RTi12's. My Pioneer VSX-1014TX (110 wpc) do not have enough power to drive these beasts.

I want to be ready for a Power Amp if needed.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My 3805 is not enough to move the woofers in my RTi10's to give them justice. I've found that taking the straps off the towers until I get a separate pro amp really opens the towers up (just driving the top half). That in turn makes the RTi10's RTi6 bookshelves (really expensive ones at that).

You can also pick up a nice vintage 70's or 80's two channel amp at ebay for under $400. Some of those beasts weigh 50-100lbs, which is a lot for only two channels. The advantage they have over a pro amp is relying on a heavy heat sink to dissapate heat instead of a fan. Look for older brands such as B&K, Carver, HK, Sansui, Yamaha, Pioneer and Hafler for the best deals.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you once more cneely8. I want my RTi12's to sound great. Do you know of any Stereo or Mono block (with volume control) budget Amp (no pro - amp) that will give me the "Great" sound for them.

Regards,

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Buckeyefan for your comments. Any particular new model for not to much money? Do you think that an Stereo Amp with 200 wpc will be good enough to achieve the "Great sound"?

Regards,

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperezmore /forum/post/0

Thank you Buckeyefan for your comments. Any particular new model for not to much money? Do you think that an Stereo Amp with 200 wpc will be good enough to achieve the "Great sound"?

Regards,

It sounds like you're looking for an integrated amp. Two channel dedicated amps don't have volume controls. The pre amp, which is the receiver or actual pre amp handles the sq/volume.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.