AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to setup an in-wall HDMI connection in my house and I need some recommendations for a high quality, reliable HDMI cable which should support the latest technologies of today(3D, ARC et all) and is also future proof(atleast next 3yrs-5yrs).

Your recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Chan

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

first off, i don't believe anyone makes a high speed w/ethernet cable of that length (although this wouldn't be the first time i'm wrong)... which isn't any big deal (at this point), as there isn't any equipment with ethernet enabled right now, and to be honest, it's a solution in search of a problem...

if i wanted to give myself the absolute best possible odds of it working, i would buy a belden series-1 cable from blue jeans cable ... imo (and others), simply the best hdmi cables made...

at 35 feet, there shouldn't be any problems...

the only way to "future proof" is to run conduit in the wall so you can easily pull a new cable when the standards change...

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanpraddy /forum/post/19617366

I am getting ready to setup an in-wall HDMI connection in my house and I need some recommendations for a high quality, reliable HDMI cable which should support the latest technologies of today(3D, ARC et all) and is also future proof(atleast next 3yrs-5yrs).

Your recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Chan

Author deleted comment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts