AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here. Our tv is a very old console, so I'm overwhelmed with all the info and choices. Our Costco has 3 32" LCD's to choose from but they won't tell me the model numbers since they said they are exclusive to Costco. The brands are Samsung, Panasonic, and Sharp. Without knowing the model numbers, can anyone recommend which brand might be best. We will probably not use it in HD mode since I'm not ready to pay Direct tv any more per month. Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarolmarie /forum/post/16910534

Hi,

I'm new here. Our tv is a very old console, so I'm overwhelmed with all the info and choices. Our Costco has 3 32" LCD's to choose from but they won't tell me the model numbers since they said they are exclusive to Costco. The brands are Samsung, Panasonic, and Sharp. Without knowing the model numbers, can anyone recommend which brand might be best. We will probably not use it in HD mode since I'm not ready to pay Direct tv any more per month. Thanks for any suggestions!

you can still get a HDTV with a digital tuner and still pull hd channels through your service provider or over the air. The samsung ones are nice. I think they have a good 32" for around the $500 range

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have any of the brands you mentioned, Samsung is probably the best imo. The issue you should look at is support, which company has the best warranty, replacement, repair policy. No matter how good the picture looks, if the company's sets have issues, you'll want the company that can repair or replace it the quickest with little or no cost to you. Some companies are notorious for not having support or not caring after the normal warranty expires.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Are you calling them up on the phone for info? The boxes ae normally on display with the model numbers on them. Forums like these have members who own these TVs and can pretty much figure out the non-Costco model equivalent.

Costco is great as far as returns/exchange/warranty; with that said... go get the model numbers and tell us what's available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts