AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12-year old Sony STR-DA30ES receiver has been acting up occasionally with the dreaded PROTECTOR(FAN) error message. It started about a year ago, went away, and has come back lately. I use the preouts from the Sony to my Parasound 5250 amp, and I am thinking of just replacing the Sony with a low-cost, modern receiver - but it must have preouts. I would like to stick with Yamaha, Onkyo, Dennon, Pioneer, but no longer Sony. I see that the Yamaha RX-A700 has preouts and is about $350 street price. Besides the Yamaha, does anyone know of other receivers in this price range that offer preouts for my 5.1 system? I'm less interested in the other features; I don't even need HDMI as I have my trusty rear-projection Mitsubishi 65907 TV hooked up with component video. Thanks!

·
Registered
652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benezrj /forum/post/20796035

My 12-year old Sony STR-DA30ES receiver has been acting up occasionally with the dreaded PROTECTOR(FAN) error message. It started about a year ago, went away, and has come back lately. I use the preouts from the Sony to my Parasound 5250 amp, and I am thinking of just replacing the Sony with a low-cost, modern receiver - but it must have preouts. I would like to stick with Yamaha, Onkyo, Dennon, Pioneer, but no longer Sony. I see that the Yamaha RX-A700 has preouts and is about $350 street price. Besides the Yamaha, does anyone know of other receivers in this price range that offer preouts for my 5.1 system? I'm less interested in the other features; I don't even need HDMI as I have my trusty rear-projection Mitsubishi 65907 TV hooked up with component video. Thanks!

benezrj,

Not being snarky, but I do think you've already spoken the consensus. The Yamaha line appears to be all that is available at your price point. Or even 1.5 times your price. Looking on the threads for the 2010 Yamaha's, I'd not worry too much.

I am not familiar with the rx-A700, but I know that the rx-v 667 and 867 meet your needs also, and come in at, or less than 100 more on street. They add some featuresets that may increase your relative "futureproof-ness"

Good luck

Mkard

p.s. Newegg may be your friend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts