Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just moved into a new home that has a bonus room just begging to be turned into a home theater. I don't think I want to be limited to a conventional TV or plasma screen, so a projector may be right in line. The room has a large amount of windows but I should be able to address those with blinds, plus we would normally watch movies at night.

I'm looking for some recommendations for projectors that exhibit good image quality without spending an arm and a leg. I haven't done exact measuring yet, but the screen may fall into the 100" category.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Ed

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
What kind of budget are we looking at here?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I've never regretted sharing projectorcentral dot com with anyone, especially someone new to front projection. A first class education awaits you along with answers you didn't know had questions for...yet.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
If you are planning on watching in a dark room, I still like the Sanyo PLV-Z3 and Panasonic PT-AE700U as the best value in LCD projectors. If you want to wait a few months, the replacement models for these two should be the best.

Chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
The InFocus SP4805 is currently retailing for $1000 with the $100 rebate. The Optoma H31 is also in that range. I have the 4805, and have heard the 4805 and the H31 are by far the best projectors for the money.

Both of these projectors are DLP models. I see rainbows on my 4805 occasionally, but they are not overwhelming. It seems the generel concensus on rainbows these days is that they are livable, if you can see them at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Another vote for the 4805 and can be found refurbished for less than $800.00.

And it's an excellent quality projector for the person on a budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.