AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Logitech Z-5500 system, re-purposed from my gaming days, but decided that it's time to upgrade. My budget is $500-800 for the entire setup. Height is a concern, as my entertainment center only has 6" of clearance. I was looking at some Marantz slim sline receivers, but wasn't sure about wattage, etc... I know that the Logitech is currently 505 watts RMS (65/channel + sub), and I'm satisfied with the volume of the system. Would going down to the Marantz (50wpc) still be suitable. I live in an apartment so I don't really crank the volume, but still want it to be able to fill the room sufficiently. The specific models I looked into are the NR1504 and NR1402. I don't need 3D support or any extra features really. Just needs to be able to do hdmi audio passthrough and cec. I'm also open to other suggestions obviously. Additionally, once I decide on the receiver, I will also need some suggestions for speakers to fit into that $800 budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm waiting for the arrival of my own NR1402 - so that's the choice I made. Marantz is a name I know, and I'm not intimidated by low wattage whenI know the build quality is good. The speaker decision I found was much more difficult. I like to put the bulk of my available money into speakers, so I went with the Wharfedale 10.1 bookshelves for starters ($350). But I think I'll upgrade to the 10.2's for an additional $100.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts