AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of electrician coming out to install a few outlets for my dedicated media room. I have 3 powered speakers (Definitive Tech) that I want protected from any potential spikes.

I've come across these from Panamax

Does anyone else have any recommendations? Or should I proceed with these?

Thank you for your time.

tlinks

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I don't know if these are any cheaper but my company used the HBL5260ISA in a cabinet we designed for another company to house a "pay at the pump" type kiosk.

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/bro...questid=125665

I know these work as we do our own surge testing in house and they passed multiple industry standard 6000 volt surge tests.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinks /forum/post/14264263

I am in the process of electrician coming out to install a few outlets for my dedicated media room. I have 3 powered speakers (Definitive Tech) that I want protected from any potential spikes.

I've come across these from Panamax

Does anyone else have any recommendations? Or should I proceed with these?

Thank you for your time.

tlinks

That is what I used, the Panamax. My build is not finished yet, so can't give reviews, but it seems to be quality stuff. Behind the outlet is not your typical outlet. Hard to decribe without pics, but it looks like it's hooked up to a mini motherboard with micro chips.

Old

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this @ Crutchfield....

PS Audio This has a power conditioner and surge protection which is what I'm looking for. I think this might be my ticket for the Plasma, I appreciate those that posted above for my powered speakers options

tlinks

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
PS Audio This has a power conditioner and surge protection which is what I'm looking for. I think this might be my ticket for the Plasma, I appreciate those that posted above for my powered speakers options

Any suggestions on a inset (clock type) double box that would work with this unit or one for the panamax?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts