Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price range: Max $2500

SD Viewing and DVD viewing mostly (I know the PQ limits of SD)

HDTV viewing in the future

I just need a list of recommends that I can do research on. Any pros/cons would be helpful.

Much abliged,

Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recommend the Mitsubishi WS-55513 in this price range. It has an integrated HD tuner with Firewire capabilities. A very nice illuminated remote and is very user friendly. The Samsung tv's have a flimsy remote in comparison. The Mitsu also has an above average menu system and the tv includes a removable protective screen shield. It also has a deeper top cabinet for easier placement of your DVD player or center speaker if your going to do a HT system. I also believe the Mitsu to have one of the best pictures for the money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Mitsu. WS-55513 retails around the twenty five hundred range or less. The Samsungs are decent tv's. They haven't been committed to the US market like Mitsu. always has but they aren't bad sets by any means.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the hcn4226w - and i love it - i have only one problem - i cant seem to find any tweaks at all for it - i have been searching far and wide - but no luck - frylock, anyone? - looking for service code menu tweaks here - otherwise, the set is great - i have it hooked to the sammy ts160 hd receiver - now if i could get something other than espn and hbo in hd - i'd be set - a nice set - i recommend it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.