AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me or steer me to a site that can help with repair ideas for a Sony cassette deck. I have 3 of them and all of them have developed problems with the bias/equalization sensors that go into the cassette and "read" what holes are in the shell and set the bias/eq accordingly.

It seems this is a common problem with Sony, any ideas or help? Thanks.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Years? Models?

I remember that the 203SD, (Also sold as the Quadriflex 307), had a rather clunky mechanism that tended to bend, but you could always bend it back; it's nearly always a mechanical problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The models involved are TC-KE400S, TC-KE500S, TC-KE615S...I have all three models. All of them have problems with the sensor devices that are in the cassette compartment. The sensors have "fingers" that fit into the holes in the cassettes and tell the deck to set the bias/equalization to low or high. It appears there are metal strips inside the plastic covers that are the sensor "fingers." Anyone know of a surefire way to fix problems with them when the give a false reading or no reading at all other than replacing the assembly which looks like it would be expensive. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.