AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my damaged Mirage PS-8 (8-inch) with a PSB SubSeries 6i (12-inch) and really like it. However, I would like to fix the damaged sub driver on the PS-8 and relegate it to basement duty. Any good Internet suppliers of decent 8" sub drivers (100W RMS)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can't just plop in any old 8" woofer and expect it to work well with your Mirage box and amp. Your best bet is to contact Mirage and see if you can by a replacement woofer. The amp and enclosure were designed to work with a specific woofer in mind. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfisher /forum/post/0

You can't just plop in any old 8" woofer and expect it to work well with your Mirage box and amp. Your best bet is to contact Mirage and see if you can by a replacement woofer. The amp and enclosure were designed to work with a specific woofer in mind. Hope this helps.

Fully agree. About 5 years ago a colleague of mine obtained (no cost) some circa early 80's Mirage speakers and one of the woofers were non functional - can't recall why. Anyways, he called Mirage and they actually had the driver he needed in inventory. If I recall it was reasonably priced too.

Oh yeah - it may not be the sub driver but instead the plate amp that is busted on your Mirage sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.