AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black horizontal line across my tv. It is a pn50a650t1fxza.

Based on the googling, it looks like it's time to get a new tv.

I know plasma is dying out as an option. I spent months researching for this tv and going to showrooms and bringing different content and devices to test on the tvs to see which one suited me best. I spent hours driving to places that had models I was interested side by side so I could compare them. I am so not looking forward to that all over again. I don't even know where I would start or even what type or brand I would get. There are so many choices now. Back then it was between Panasonic, Pioneer and Samsung, Plasma or LED. The 1080P Sammy plasma looked the best. I don't care for 3d. I hate how the lcd/led tvs look super fake. It seems too bright to me for night viewing. Too me they seem like movies are shot on a handicam and it's motion is too fluid. Now there is 4k. I work in 4K-6K UHD everyday. It seems foolish to get a TV that is already close to being at the end of it's usefulness. I'm so confused I'm not even sure if I posted in the right area. Not what I wanted to come home to after a long week at work. Just had my front end fixed on the truck, spent 10k on dental work, had to put in new transmission. Computer broke. This timing sucks. Tv's seem cheaper these days though, by a crap-ton than when I bought mine. But conventional wisdom is you get what you pay for. Lost.

Frustrating

·
Registered
11,479 Posts
I dont know how much you want to spend, but there are still a few good plasmas out there. Best Buy has a 60 inch Samsung F5300 for $750, which you may get cheaper elsewhere and it is a good tv. You can also find a few LG's out there too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.