AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an older model Samsung Tantus CRT flat screen TV, model number TSK2792F that's gone out of adjustment over the years. I believe it's over-scanning so that I'm missing text at the edge of the screen. Also, the picture seems a bit fuzzier than when it was new, so the focus needs tweaking. I can find no external adjustments for this like the old TVs used to have, so there's probably a service menu accessible through some unique key combination. Can anyone here help? This TV is too good to junk and I can't afford a new flat panel one with all th esame features this one has.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the "MUTE, 1, 8, 2, POWER" thing during my searches, but when I try it, nothing happens. The set just turns on and I don't see anything on the screen other than the last channel I was tuned to. There has to be more to it than that. I even downloaded the service manual from eserviceinfo.com and I can see that key sequence there too:

Quote:
4-3-1 Entering the Service Mode

In standby, press the remote-control keys in the following sequence:

MUTE 1 8 2 POWER When the Service Mode is entered, use the Channel

UP/DOWN buttons on the remote control to move to the item to adjust.

4-3-2 Adjustments Adjust

Detailed Items: Use the Channel UP/DOWN buttons.

Data Adjustment: Use the Volume +/- buttons.

Channel Switching: Enter the Channel No.
I wonder what I'm missing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, maybe I'm getting somewhere now! I tried the "MUTE 1 8 2 POWER" sequence again, but this time faster, and I got the SERVICE MODE. Looks like if you pause too long between keystrokes, nothing happens. Now I have to figure out what to do with what I see without screwing the picture up. So far I think I've fixed the biggest problem I had, missing text along the left edge of the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts