AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Long time reader but barely ever post anything... Today I need some serious help though.

Me and the wife moved into a new apartment not even 2 weeks ago and I'm now completely out of idea regarding a certain setup I'd like to do: to keep it short I have 2 front Klipsch F30 and the center is a Klipsch C20 (don't have surrounds yet but it will be soon). LCD is a 60'' one.

Now the thing is that I would like to have the center right over the LCD, which is wall mounted as you can see in the pics below (the setup is not that angled, it's just an illusion and me who doesn't know how to take pics lol :p). I would like the center to be super close to the wall (or as much as possible) so it doesn't stick out in front too much. LCD front is at 5.5'' from the wall.

The Klipsch C20 is 7'' deep and around 19'' wide. I would need something to hang it directly on the wall, right over the LCD, something that will keep it as close as possible to the wall, but can't find anything. The blue marks you see are the studs (masking tape).

Any ideas or recommendations? The only idea I (well we) can come up with would be a 32'' wide shelf (7'' deep) to put the center on but that's something I'm keeping as the very last option: would prefer a very discreet mount or setup instead.

http://www.dragnix.net/bass/Front.jpg

http://www.dragnix.net/bass/Side.jpg

Any help will be really, REALLY appreciated because we can't really put it anywhere else: the stand you see below the TV is fully occupied by a truck load of electronics, games and consoles.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had the same problem so I moved my TV/AVR stand out from the wall and built a shelf above the flatt screen so the front of my RC-62 center in flush with the front of the TV screen. I also have the shelf even with the top of the Tv so you see the bottom of the speaker and not the 1" think wood shelf I built. I lucked out and found studs behind the sheet rock for a Soild wall mount.

I moved my front Cornwall speakers out from the wall some so all of them are In-Line with the Tv stand if you looked from the side. One good thing about having the the Tv away from the wall is you can have a fan behind the TV/AVR stand to keep things cooled down some. I aslo have a small fan blowing at the back of my HD AVR (amp side) and over the top ( don't stck on AVR for venting) I am retired and my equipment is on 16 hours a day.

Hope this helps.

Louis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts