AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a Samsung DLP 2.5 years ago from a"reputable" retailer that has since gone out of business...

I purchased the extended 4 year service plan through whatever separate service company they offered it through so I should be ok.

The problem is that I misplaced the paperwork for the plan. But as long as I know the company I can call and they can look it up by my name and the TV serial number... How do I go about finding which place my plan is with? Are there tons and tons of possibilities or just a couple big companies??

The retailer was Ovation AV in Fort Wayne Indiana... and they were bought out but after talking to the new company extensively I found that they didn't keep any old paperwork and have no idea who the old company service company was.

If anyone has any ideas... I will call ANY service company suggested... One of them has my plan....

You'd think there would be an easier way to do this...

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's just a popular name...

But in this case it's complicated, Ovation owned quite a few stores in the midwest... then they were bought out as a whole and a bunch of the stores were closed... there are still ovation stores now but like you said, they pretty much just kept the name

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually called a couple places and they were able to look it up by my name and address but turns out they were not the place....but had it been with them they would have definitely done the work without a receipt seeing how it is registered with the TV's serial number

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.