AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currnetly have a Kenwood speakers that all came in a HTIB setup. The kenwood 5disc when I got on ebay never could open properly, the kenwood receiver (which never reallly impressed me) and the sub and the front and rear speakers all came together.

Since then I moved onto a JVC DVD player which rocks, and I also moved onto a YAMAHA HTB-5740 receiver. Which is fine for me. I can manually set each sat which is the way I prefer. Great receiver also. For about $500 or so, im looking for a complete set that will be an upgrade over my current speakers. They seem to be lacking any good sound. Of course their Kenwood so im not expecting miracles.

What do you guys think. I could save some more and get the BIC Acoustech for about $799 + enourmous shipping. I heard about Fluance, but they are pretty cheap, but im not sure about the sound quality. Those complete set are far less than $500-550. The sub I can keep for now, it's not the best but it's enough for me.

So what do you guys think. I'm not in a big room, absically apartment size, so rooms are not huge. But I'd like to get an upgrade, im due lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb7247
I currnetly have a Kenwood speakers that all came in a HTIB setup. The kenwood 5disc when I got on ebay never could open properly, the kenwood receiver (which never reallly impressed me) and the sub and the front and rear speakers all came together.

Since then I moved onto a JVC DVD player which rocks, and I also moved onto a YAMAHA HTB-5740 receiver. Which is fine for me. I can manually set each sat which is the way I prefer. Great receiver also. For about $500 or so, im looking for a complete set that will be an upgrade over my current speakers. They seem to be lacking any good sound. Of course their Kenwood so im not expecting miracles.

What do you guys think. I could save some more and get the BIC Acoustech for about $799 + enourmous shipping. I heard about Fluance, but they are pretty cheap, but im not sure about the sound quality. Those complete set are far less than $500-550. The sub I can keep for now, it's not the best but it's enough for me.

So what do you guys think. I'm not in a big room, absically apartment size, so rooms are not huge. But I'd like to get an upgrade, im due lol. Thanks.

bttt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.