AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to set up my remote with the PS3IR-PRO. Before I make any mistakes, could someone tell me the proper procedure for this? Also, when it is all set up, will inserting a disc into the PlayStation3 ( effectively turning it on) screw with the remotes ability to tell if the unit is on or off? Or would I have to turn the system on with the remote, and then insert a disc?

·
Registered
154 Posts
add the PS3IR-PRO to your account as a game type device. setup game/dvd activities as you would normally. i believe the PS3IR-PRO uses discrete power commands so you might be OK putting discs in whenever, however I can't remember exactly how the PS3IR-PRO works so you may have to use trial and error (that won't break anything permanently, use HELP button to fix any problems). else maybe someone else can comment.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I responded to your thread on the Schmartz forums also. If you want you can send me your Harmony login info and I can set the remote up for you.

As long as you still run the PS3 activity on your Harmony remote it shouldn't cause any issues if you insert the disc first. You just need to make sure that you send the PowerToggle command to the Pro first so it turns on and starts responding to the other IR commands. Running your PS3 activity should send out the PowerToggle command.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Just a hint... I've found it best to do the initial pairing of the PS3IRPro to your PS3 with the PS3IRPro connected directly to the PS3 USB port. Obviously you don't want to leave it set up that way since the USB ports are not powered but it does work best for initial set-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts