AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I recently decided that my Xcapture just isn't cutting it, as far as picture quality goes.. What are some other options out there, that are better?

I find that when watching TV (via dscaler of course) that everything just isn't as "sharp" as it is when watching live TV.. .. IE When I am watching CNN, or any other News channel.. or heck, even while looking at the Programming guide on my digital cable box...

I have a feeling that I have gotten upto the max that this xcapture can offer, and it's just not enough for me.. so, what are the options for better quality picture.. depth, sharpness, the whole 9 yards.. and no, I don't have HiDef broadcasts in my area, so a HD Card isn't really needed.. heh..

Well, thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Take a look at the Holo3DGraph line of cards, specifically in your case the H3DI, you should be able to pick one up for under $500 or so now that the H3DII is coming out (the diff is updated chip and HD processing support)

Out of curiosity, did you play with the sharpness filter via DScaler?

-pd

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I don't know if this is going to help you but I am using the ASUS TV card which is almost the same card as yours. I use Virtual VCR with ffDShow for Live TV. In ffDshow I can tweak the sharpness filter to my liking. Also i can use any dscaler filter I want...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fallo
Well, I don't know if this is going to help you but I am using the ASUS TV card which is almost the same card as yours. I use Virtual VCR with ffDShow for Live TV. In ffDshow I can tweak the sharpness filter to my liking. Also i can use any dscaler filter I want...
Can you please explain how one uses Virtual VCR with ffdshow? This sounds very interesting. Also can you resize it to full screen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Do you have this problem with the Xcapture and Dscaler? I can get video with no problem if I open Xcapture, VitualVCR or VitualDub first. When I open up Dscaler I get the video with no problem. The problem is after I open Dscaler I cannot get any video from Xcapture, VitualVCR or VitualDub without doing a reboot.

I would also like to know how to get ffdshow to work with these hardware and TheaterTek even.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you want to use ffDshow with VirtualVCR, you only check raw video option in ffDshow; if you want to use Dscaler filters, add filter in the filter options in VirtualVCR...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.