646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I need to finish my 7.1 is the rear surrounds. Here is what I have so far:

Denon 2112 reciever

Pioneer C21 center

Pioneer FS-51 fronts

Pioneer BS-21 side surrounds

Klipsch RW-12D subwoofer

I need the speakers to be small and I need them to be on stands. there is a lot of room behind my couch so wall mounting would put them way too far back. I also want to move them out of the way easy when the movie does not support 7.1, which will probably be pretty often, to allow for more walking room. I only want decent quality, as they are merely the rear surrounds. any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I guess you consider another pair of BS-21 speakers to be too large?

That should be a nice-sounding system you have now.

Do you really think two more speakers will make it sound better? More is not always better!

If you really want more speakers, and the BS-21 is too large, I suggest the Cambridge Audio S20 speakers.

Speaker stands should always be strong, rigid, and heavy; preferably with a sand-filled steel column, and have floor spikes.The stand should always weigh more than the speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrotel  /t/1421831/need-small-rear-surrounds-for-my-7-1#post_22249924

All I need to finish my 7.1 is the rear surrounds. Here is what I have so far:

Denon 2112 reciever

Pioneer C21 center

Pioneer FS-51 fronts

Pioneer BS-21 side surrounds

Klipsch RW-12D subwoofer

I need the speakers to be small and I need them to be on stands. there is a lot of room behind my couch so wall mounting would put them way too far back. I also want to move them out of the way easy when the movie does not support 7.1, which will probably be pretty often, to allow for more walking room. I only want decent quality, as they are merely the rear surrounds. any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy pricey!!! those are more $ than i paid for all 5 other speakers put together. anything cheaper?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe ill just stick with a 5.6 for now

and yes, the bs-21s are way too heavy to have on a tall stand, way too top heavy

·
Registered
19,788 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice, i like those. is it ok to use those in conjunction with my 6ohm pioneers? considering the nxg is 8 ohm?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are the mirage speakers that good?

should i replace my SL and SR BS-21 speakers with the mirage speakers too?

·
Registered
29,065 Posts
The Mirage speakers have a omnipolar design where they disperse 360* sound througout the room. Makes them great for surround speakers.

Should you replace your other surround speakers? I dunno, that's up to you.

The BS-21's are a tonal match to your front speakers so they have that advantage.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so what would anyone do here, get 2 mirage speakers for the rear surround and keep the pioneer bs-21 speakers for the side surround, or just get 4 mirages and use the bs-21s elsewhere?

thanks

·
Registered
19,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrotel  /t/1421831/need-small-rear-surrounds-for-my-7-1#post_22250647

nice, i like those. is it ok to use those in conjunction with my 6ohm pioneers? considering the nxg is 8 ohm?

If you choose NXG - yes you can.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
or should i just get another set of the bs-21s and deal with the bulk? if i do that, they will have to be below ear level heightwise.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
right now im leaning toward the nxg's. im a little worried about the mirage's because it seems like they might be for a room where it isnt possible to get exact placement of speakers. since i will have all of the speakers placed right where they should be, maybe the directional is the way to go???

1 - 20 of 53 Posts