AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new at this so any recommendations or suggestions on the selecting one of the following subs would be great

I think I've narrowed my search for a sub to go with a pair of Paradigm Studio 40's (ver 2) to 4 finalists: REL Quake 108; Pinnacle Baby Boomer; Sunfire Super Jr. and Velodyne SPL 800

Here's my needs:

Small footprint (ex: 10' 10" 10") and under $800 retail.....either that, or me, the speakers, the sub and the cat will be sleeping in the back yard

2 channel music only, so I'm looking for the most musical sub with tight, quick base. I listen to mostly jazz with some rock and R&B. I don't need for the room to shake...want rich, full, music

For now, at least, I'll be using a 12 year old Pioneer 110 w per channel receiver (has good sound for 2 channel music) that doesn't have an LFE, so speaker level inputs are key. [As an fyi, this presents a problem for the Sunfire since my receiver won't support Sunfire's speaker level inputs since the receiver doesn't have common grounded outputs....I think I have a work-around via the pre-outs, but not 100% certain)

The room is 24 x 12 with hardwood floors and partially open to a small family room. Because of placement restrictions (aka wife), the sub HAS TO GO AT THE OPPOSITE END OF THE ROOM from the speakers..... the sub will be somewhere behind the listening position. Seems to me the sub that's most non-directional will be a big plus.

Sorry for the rambling....thanks

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm definitely finding it difficult evaluating subs...your input would be a great!!!!! thanks

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.