AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I've been checking more into calibration and finally kinda encountered a potential solution to one of the more problematic issues concerning image calibration for my LG L245WP-BN 24" LCD screen.

Issue being the screen when black is tinted blue and when in 1:1 scale etc with lower than native 1920x1200 you can see the black that is unused on the screen and the black used by the video feed is different. The unused is good real 0.0.0 black while the other has some slight blue tinge meaning it's not going to full real black.

I found a forum post mentioning how to fix this.

He used softMCCS and tweaked the "luminance" setting for the screen from 64 to 63. This supposedly fixed this issue.

You can't access this in screen OSD.

I tried to download softMCCS and found to my dismay that they have restricted the software for partners only in 2.4 version. So I'm unable to tweak anything at all with this program now.

The program only says "Supported, but from unrecognized manufacturer".

I haven't found a older version yet (2.3 etc) which should give me control to tweak this setting.

I'm now asking for help to find another program to be able to change this setting for my screen.

I really would be so grateful if this last issue can be fixed but is just out of reach by this artificial steel gate put up before I could find it. I can see the solution on the other side but can't get there >_>;

Ah.. why did they put up these unneeded blockages.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
YAY found another software to change this setting.

Basically I need a I2C/DDC reader and modifier.

I found a software called winI2C-DDC that had the same kind of capabilities as softMCCS.

The setting was named under Brightness there instead (it's not the same brightness setting as in the screen OSD or graphics card setting)

It was 64 and I lowered it to 63 and all that damn blue tint disappeared! YAY!

Problem is this software is 30 day trial only... and costs HUMONGOUS amounts of money! 235$ for the cheapest lite version >_>;

So I still need a free alternative to do this one adjustment.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All right now I'm satisfied!

I found a another software that does the same from same company that made the previous.

This is a non commercial software and cost nothing and can be used indefinitely!

Display Tuner! I LOVE YOU!

Now I can tune two extra Brightness and Contrast settings for my monitor... They are not the same as the ones in the screen OSD. o_O;

A problem is if anything changes in the monitor settings the setting is overrided and defaults back to 64.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.