AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at Polks a long time. They seem like a good deal; especially when Newegg has a sale on them. The $700 isn't firm; I have existing speakers, so I won't be buying all at once. Here's what I will be using these with:

Onkyo tx-sr508

Acoustech PL-200

I was thinking monitor60s for front, monitor50s or monitor40s for rear, cs2 for center.

Would monitor70s be better/worth it for fronts since I have a sub? Much difference between 50s and 40s for rear? Is cs2 the best center with those speakers?

What would be the next step up from these speakers in the Polk brand? Also, any other ideas from other brands?

Help is appreciated

EDIT: This is for a large bedroom (~ 20' x 25' x 11' ceilings), basically my living room, but I'm sitting fairly close to the front speakers; but that could always change. 40% games, 40% movies, 20% music.

·
Registered
11,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrg  /t/1421480/need-some-advice-best-5-0-speakers-for-700-was-thinking-polk-other-ideas#post_22242692

I've been looking at Polks a long time. They seem like a good deal; especially when Newegg has a sale on them. The $700 isn't firm; I have existing speakers, so I won't be buying all at once. Here's what I will be using these with:

Onkyo tx-sr508

Acoustech PL-200

I was thinking monitor60s for front, monitor50s or monitor40s for rear, cs2 for center.

Would monitor70s be better/worth it for fronts since I have a sub? Much difference between 50s and 40s for rear? Is cs2 the best center with those speakers?

What would be the next step up from these speakers in the Polk brand? Also, any other ideas from other brands?

Help is appreciated

Do you live near a Fry's?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any input on the Polks? Monitor60s or 70s; 50s or 40s? What would be the next step up after the Monitors?

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
I compared the Polk M60s and the Infinity Primus p363 speakers about 1.5 years ago. Both good speakers. Polks leaned bright and Infinities leaned warm. Infinities more effiecient, but also consistently more expensive (except perhaps to those who live near a Fry's)...I ended up with a set of Polk m40s, as those were dirt cheap from New Egg about a year ago. Good speaker!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts