·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have the following set up:

2x POLK 70s (Front)

1x CS2 (Center)

2x POLK 30s (rear)

As black friday deals approach I keep hearing prices on the Pioneer VSX-820-K are going to look very good but I'm unsure if this receiver is good enough to power up the given monitors. I will mostly use this set up to listen to music and of course watch TV/Movies not so much gaming (Average user here).

Should I just hold up and maybe try to get a better deal on the higher models or go for the buy ?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/19534410

What's your budget for this AVR?

Thinking of spending $200 - $300 but again the only reason why I'm thinking of buying the VSX-820-K is because of the drop in price this friday, otherwise I was thinking of going for the 1120 or 1020 even though I have to wait till I save up that much money (which I don't mind).

I'm a total n00b when it comes to receivers but if I can get almost the same quality of sound from the 820 (which has all the features I need) with the monitors listed without spending that extra cash for higher end models then I'm a happy camper.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind waiting/saving up if my polk monitors will perform/sound better on higher end models like the 1120 or 1020.

Thank you!

·
Registered
202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticx /forum/post/19534529

Thinking of spending $200 - $300 but again the only reason why I'm thinking of buying the VSX-820-K is because of the drop in price this friday, otherwise I was thinking of going for the 1120 or 1020 even though I have to wait till I save up that much money (which I don't mind).

I'm a total n00b when it comes to receivers but if I can get almost the same quality of sound from the 820 (which has all the features I need) with the monitors listed without spending that extra cash for higher end models then I'm a happy camper.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind waiting/saving up if my polk monitors will perform/sound better on higher end models like the 1120 or 1020.

Thank you!

wouldn't Onkyo SR608 be a better choice against the 1020?

·
Registered
7,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/19535114

I'd recommend waiting for the 1120. It's a lot more "future proof," and worth much more than its current $500 price tag...

Agreed. At least get something that allows you to add an amp in case you need one in the future. Look for something with pre-outs, you'll be happier in the long run instead of "just" settling for something now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.