·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have the following set up:

2x POLK 70s (Front)

1x CS2 (Center)

2x POLK 30s (rear)

As black friday deals approach I keep hearing prices on the Pioneer VSX-820-K are going to look very good but I'm unsure if this receiver is good enough to power up the given monitors. I will mostly use this set up to listen to music and of course watch TV/Movies not so much gaming (Average user here).

Should I just hold up and maybe try to get a better deal on the higher models or go for the buy ?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/19534410

What's your budget for this AVR?

Thinking of spending $200 - $300 but again the only reason why I'm thinking of buying the VSX-820-K is because of the drop in price this friday, otherwise I was thinking of going for the 1120 or 1020 even though I have to wait till I save up that much money (which I don't mind).

I'm a total n00b when it comes to receivers but if I can get almost the same quality of sound from the 820 (which has all the features I need) with the monitors listed without spending that extra cash for higher end models then I'm a happy camper.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind waiting/saving up if my polk monitors will perform/sound better on higher end models like the 1120 or 1020.

Thank you!

·
Registered
202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticx /forum/post/19534529

Thinking of spending $200 - $300 but again the only reason why I'm thinking of buying the VSX-820-K is because of the drop in price this friday, otherwise I was thinking of going for the 1120 or 1020 even though I have to wait till I save up that much money (which I don't mind).

I'm a total n00b when it comes to receivers but if I can get almost the same quality of sound from the 820 (which has all the features I need) with the monitors listed without spending that extra cash for higher end models then I'm a happy camper.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind waiting/saving up if my polk monitors will perform/sound better on higher end models like the 1120 or 1020.

Thank you!

wouldn't Onkyo SR608 be a better choice against the 1020?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was thinking the same as you about the Pioneer 820 on Black Friday. I decided to get an Onkyo SR508 instead and could not be more pleased. It can be found in your price range now and gives you the option to go to 7.1 later.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/19535114

I'd recommend waiting for the 1120. It's a lot more "future proof," and worth much more than its current $500 price tag...

Agreed. At least get something that allows you to add an amp in case you need one in the future. Look for something with pre-outs, you'll be happier in the long run instead of "just" settling for something now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts