Discussion Starter #1
I set up a small movie room in my house, here is what I have:
Ben Q W1070 projector - displays at 95" diag
Receiver is the Denon AVR-E200
Fronts are Polk Audio 75T
Center is Polk Audio 25C
Sub: Polk Audio PSW505 12" sub
Rear - none

I am looking to add rear speakers. I'm happy with the way the system sounds, music and movies are great. I wanted to get all Ascends but they were just too much $ for me as I just bought the house.

I would like to keep the price under $500 for the rears. What would you guys recommend?

I was thinking of getting Polk bookshelfs for the rear or maybe opting for a pair of Ascend CMT-340's and put them as rears or maybe as fronts and the Polk towers as rears?

I also have a pair of Polk 75T in my living room as regular speakers for watching TV. I can move those around if you guys can come up with a better solution.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
19,548 Posts
If you buy the Ascends 340 - you will more than likely end up making them your front speakers.
The overall difference in sound quality should stand out for you.

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
I am looking to add rear speakers.
No, you are looking to add side surround speakers. ;)

The second pair of surrounds goes in the rear (huh,huh,huh)(or front height, or front wide).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, you are looking to add side surround speakers. ;)

The second pair of surrounds goes in the rear (huh,huh,huh)(or front height, or front wide).
That is what I meant. Didn't know if I should call them sides or rears.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
I prefer bipoles for side surrounds, others prefer direct radiators.

Any idea what you prefer?

·
The Village Idiot
9,627 Posts
A good option (and what I have) is di/bi-pole speakers. These are bi-pole and are brand new - I've never heard them but they are priced right.

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
I prefer bipoles for side surrounds, others prefer direct radiators.

Any idea what you prefer?

A very good question to the OP!:)

As you mention, you prefer Bi-poles.
And for me, I use to own Bi-poles/ Di-poles one and now prefer direct in a 7.2 scenario:)

If "onetrade, the OP" is not sure what his preference is, some listening at some different store may help or not.
Depending on how elaborate their show rooms are.

Just an option before searching for side surrounds that he may not be happy with.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts