AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have(had) a marantz vp8600 for about a year and was very happy with it. It's going to be a few months till i move back in my house so im wondering should I wait for a 1080p projector or get a new 8600 or equivilent since insurance is reimbursing me.

thats the dryer whats left of it which caught on fire.

im just thankful to be alive, was a horrible experience.

coffee anyone?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Holy ****!

If I was in your shoes (and in a way, I once was--I lived in an apartment for almost six months in between house #1 and house #2), I'd buy a nice tabletop LCD and not worry about a projector right now. Save your money and bide your time until you're close to being back in your house... maybe some new 1080p projectors will debut by then.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they're repairing my plasma I had in my bedroom so i'll be using that till I move back in my house (3 month's) and i'm sure for abit after. thanks for the replies. so the rs1 is the new jvc? one of the sales guys where I bought my av equipment mentioned the epson 3chip dlp with the external scaler. he's going to get back to me since he was leaving for the day when I called so i'm not sure what the model number or anything on it. search on this site doesnt seem to work to well. Been pretty bored sitting in this hotel

·
Premium Member
24,267 Posts
I agree with Scott. I would wait until you are movin back in then SEE what's available and if anything you will most likely save some cash due to price drops. Goodluck!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think i'm going to take you guy's advice and wait for the price drop's. Thank's again guy's

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
If you are after a budget machine and are not too concerned with features go for the RS-1/HD-1

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
was a old dryer and the heat sensor malfunctioned causing it to keep getting hotter till everything in the dryer caught on fire + electrical fire aswell

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Gord lord, that's awful, Buttabean! I'm glad you and your family are OK.

(Scott slinks off to vacuum up the lint balls that have accumulated behind his dryer over the past four years...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.