AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a digital set within the next 2 months and am agonizing over the proccess. I really like the Proscan 36 inch 4x3 model. It has 2 sets of VGA inputs, and 1 progressive scan component input. The only drawback is that it is 4x3. I am still unsure if I need a 16x9.

Most of the direct view 16x9 that I have seen do not have enough inputs for me.

I need 1 VGA (for replaytv 4000), 2 component (hdtv set top box, and dvd).

what type of converter boxes are out there? How much do these run? I would really not like to spend over $200 for just a converter box.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've posted many times before that I regret getting a 4:3 set. I love my TV (Sony 36XBR450). But, I watch a lot more 16:9 material than I thought I would -- about 75% or more of the time. If your space will allow a 40" or so 16:9 set, I recommend that over a 36" set that you plan to use for DVD and HDTV. There is so much HDTV content worth watching that I think you'll not regret a 16:9 set (assuming you can get around the connection problems). You will regret a 4:3 set -- I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.