AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine gave me (for free) his 2005-era Panasonic TH42-PX500U television.

The TV is broken. When plugged in, the red power light flashes 10 times per sequence.

He had it diagnosed at a local shop and was told that one of the circuit boards inside of it needs to be replaced.

I have the part # written down, but not with me at the moment... but the circuit board costs ~$550 or so (according to the shop, a google search turned up similar pricing from another vendor).

So, there is my dilemma. A NEW 42" 720p plasma costs ~$600.... which makes fixing this one considerably cost 9b]in[/b]effective. Even so, I'd hate to just throw away a 42" plasma screen.

What are my options? What do you suggest I do? I already have a working PX60U as my main TV, so it not like I necessarily need another 720p 42"

Thanks

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Write down part number from different boards, jack pack connection, panel, etc.. and sell individual parts on ebay or craiglist. Or try selling the complete unit to a local Tv repair shop or ebay or craiglist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts