AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

Brand new here but look forward to learning from you all. My wife and I are in the process of designing a new home and we would like to include a dedicated home theater. We still have time to adjust spacing etc. but as of right now finished dimensions would be 27ft long x 19 ft wide x 10 ft high (9 ft at the second riser). We are planning two rows - back row of 5 seats, front row a u-shaped couch that we can remove and add a second row of seats down the road. We have little kids (both under 2) so a couch seems like a better choice for the immediate future.

We are planning on a 7.2.4 Atmos System. We like the clean look of speakers being behind the screen in a baffle wall and embedded in the walls. I was thinking between a 160" and 180" 2:39.1 AT screen.
First row viewing distance right now is planned at 14'6" with second row at 20'.

I had an equipment list put together but then I started reading a lot on these forums about sound acoustics, design, etc. so I wanted to pump the breaks before it's too late.

Where is the best place to start? I am in Austin, Texas so if there are good recommendations for room design, acoustic calibration design, etc. please send them my way.

Appreciate any guidance you are willing to share.

Thanks,

TexasMovieGuy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply - is there another way to contact this group? Admittedly, I don't have or use facebook.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts