AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little brother is finally getting out on his own and is looking for a solid used HTRC. He doesn't have a lot of money since he's got some deposits and what not to pay. He is basically looking for something that will switch through SD sources, PS2, original xbox, and cable box. He also wants it to be solid for listening to music.

I'm giving him my old DVD player w/ HDMI upconverting and my monoprice 2x1 HDMI switcher so that part is covered. He is also getting my old Cerwin Vega bookshelf 5.1 speaker setup since he doesn't have a lot of money to spend.

He really only gave me 4 stipulations. Has to have basic 5.1 DD/DTS functions, Has to be able to switch between the stuff I mentioned above, He has a $100 to spend, and would like it to be an Onkyo.

He doesn't have the net yet, so I told him I would look into this for him. I've looked on Ebay, but I'd really rather avoid going that route unless I really have to.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where to look or has something that will fit the bill, please let me know!

Thanks,

Brent

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
brent, check your local craigslist... you should have no problem finding something cheap that will fill the bill...

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
There are several Onkyo TX-SR304 auctions going on ebay right now, should be able to pick one up within budget. Accessories4less.com also sales them refurbished with factory warranty for right at $100 but they are out of stock right now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj /forum/post/17030137

brent, check your local craigslist... you should have no problem finding something cheap that will fill the bill...

I've been keeping an eye on craigslist, but the downside to living in the country an hour away from any major metropolitan area, not much pops up in my area. Thank you for the advice though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman02 /forum/post/17030177

There are several Onkyo TX-SR304 auctions going on ebay right now, should be able to pick one up within budget. Accessories4less.com also sales them refurbished with factory warranty for right at $100 but they are out of stock right now.

I'd really like to avoid Ebay unless I really have to. I have been trying to convince him to save a bit more money and get something in the $300+ range from Accessories for less. He can get a good bit of receiver for that much from there, but he just doesn't want to spend that much.

I thought I had him an old Onkyo TX-SR701 for $120, but the guy flaked on me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts