AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with my parents the other day and they mentioned they was wanting to get a replacement for there current tv (55" Mitusbishi RPTV) which hos alot of room in the living room. I mentioned they can go three ways LCD, DLP, or Plasma, I took them to Best Buy and showed them the different kinds of TV's. they dont want plasma so thats out, they are worried that the LCD would get knocked around or fall off the tv stand or knocked around on the wall mount they would put it on if required. I told them that DLP is a really good TV and that would be cheaper than a same size LCD TV.

so I guess which Brands would be a good Buy for around 50" to 60", they watch all sorts of Tv programming (sport, movies, tv series).

Thanks Reaver

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver2218 /forum/post/0

... I mentioned they can go three ways LCD, DLP, or Plasma,

Well in fact there are more choices: there are flat-panel LCD and plasma which you exclude, and then (besides CRT projection which is disappearing fast) there are three kinds of rear-projection micro-displays: DLP, LCD and my favorite, LCoS. If you have decided you want DLP you might want to look at the "Toshiba vs. Samsung" thread on this forum.

I have had great service from my JVC D-ILA the past 15 months, but other types give satisfaction too, so we all need to choose for ourselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.