AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I'm in the process of building my theater, and have a few questions for you guys before I goof something up that isn't fixable.

So lets get at it. Room dimensions are 17.5' x 21'. not including the small alcoves. 

Front of room….with start of screen wall. 

Rear of Room. please don't mind the white outline on the back wall….there may have been a built in desk that I didn't like there 30 minutes ago. haha

So starting with the front…Base trap in the corner….i'm also going to go all the way to the left in the small alcove and base trap that. Question 1. Is it ok since I have slopped walls to only go up to where the hipped roof line starts?

I will be covering the complete front wall and up to the ceiling with Linacoustic. Also going to be covering the wall on the left with fabric from floor to ceiling (wall with window above)…using GOM 701 fabric wrapped panels. Will probably use them on the rear walls as well just up to the slant. On top of that….diffusion of some sort?

Question 2...Soffit….either picture. Gonna stuff with Roxal? Maybe pink fluffy? I have already ordered the Command cloth for it….can't wait to stop working above my head;)

Problem area number uhhhhhh….many. In this corner back right if you are following along is the return air for upstairs. This opening to this alcove will be draped with heavy curtains and used for drinks, snacks, and what not. Where the white mark from the old desk, I was thinking about building a "corner" trap with Roxul and my studio 20 for surrounds.See below two pictures for an idea..

What the heck is a guy supposed to do here? Not hole in the wall;) the corner trap...

Corner traps in back i was going to put my Paradighm studio 20s inside of these for surrounds. Going to build a structure around for support of course. Any issue here? And no they will not sit on the floor….they will be ear level. Just giving size comparison.  

Any help you sound gurus can be would be much appreciated. The room is coming along…I'm thinking two months and i'll be done…crossing fingers.

Aray

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Quote:
So starting with the front…Base trap in the corner….i'm also going to go all the way to the left in the small alcove and base trap that. Question 1. Is it ok since I have slopped walls to only go up to where the hipped roof line starts?

Sure that should work fine.

[QUOTEQuestion 2...Soffit….either picture. Gonna stuff with Roxal? Maybe pink fluffy?][/QUOTE]7

Either is going to work pretty much the same. I can't tell but lets hope those Soffits are THICK. There is a reason the ones we offer ours 17"x17"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfipie  /t/1524632/need-some-help-guys-acoustic-treatments#post_24539873

Sure that should work fine.

Either is going to work pretty much the same. I can't tell but lets hope those Soffits are THICK. There is a reason the ones we offer are 17"x17"

The soffit only comes down from the ceiling about 10" or so. The problem I ran into was the window on one wall. I wanted to a bit deeper however was unable to. However the soffit is about 28" wide, now I can't use all of that due to the lights mounted in them, however I should have about 20" of usable space, for a total of 10" x 20" I can fill all the way around the room. 

Any ideas on the return air section of the room? 

Thank you

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
10" should work pretty well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts