AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was thinking of buying the pioneer VSX 919 or 1019, but then I started looking at the pioneer elite sc-07. My first question is there really a big

sound difference? My main goal is to have a good system with clear sound

I am also looking at buying some speakers from Aperion

aperionaudio dot com

I am looking at buying the 4T set - thats around $1500. The thing that attracts me to the elite is that it has internet radio. But i have seen internet radios I can get for around $100 - 150 that I can hook up to a receiver.

So my main concern is sound, is the elite worth $500 more?

My system now is a 12 year old Yamaha (75W) and 2 polk audio speakers

S-1 or S-3 (dont remember the name).

Maybe you guys know of some speakers that are better for the price

than the above mentioned Aperion?

I listen to music about 50% of the time and 50% watching movies.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
The SC line is interesting. They use class D amplifiers. In theory, that indicates a lot of power. I think they might be rated all channels driven too.

Gene over at Audioholics had some issues with it, but some feel that's only because class D amps don't do well with certain types of benchmark testing - the theory is they don't have those problems with music.

There's a lot of info on the SC line you can read including reviews and a LONG thread dedicated to those models.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkzaher /forum/post/16951545

Hi I was thinking of buying the pioneer VSX 919 or 1019, but then I started looking at the pioneer elite sc-07. My first question is there really a big

sound difference? My main goal is to have a good system with clear sound

I am also looking at buying some speakers from Aperion

aperionaudio dot com

I am looking at buying the 4T set - thats around $1500. The thing that attracts me to the elite is that it has internet radio. But i have seen internet radios I can get for around $100 - 150 that I can hook up to a receiver.

So my main concern is sound, is the elite worth $500 more?

My system now is a 12 year old Yamaha (75W) and 2 polk audio speakers

S-1 or S-3 (dont remember the name).

Maybe you guys know of some speakers that are better for the price

than the above mentioned Aperion?

I listen to music about 50% of the time and 50% watching movies.

90% of your sound quality will be from your speakers and your room. The receiver won't have much effect. Assuming you don't have overly high requirements for power any of those receivers will do you just fine. The SC-07 has a ton of features that you probably won't need or use. Perhaps the SC-05 would save you a few bucks and still offer the ice-amp and great features instead of going with the lower end models like the 919 etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts