AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently starting to build a house and just getting going on learning about distributed a/v. The house will have 2 rooms that will be set up with surround sound..the family room (main room) and the game room (secondary). All the other rooms and the porch will be prewired also. I'm struggling to figure out everything I will need and how it will all work. I know I want at least 3 sources--fm/xm/cd.

I currently have a relatively new B&k preamp and 2 old acurus amps that I still want to use. I will be using all in-ceiling speakers. I am thinking of using the B&K in the family room and just buying a new 5 channel amp to drive the family room speakers.

Question no 1) how do I still use the other source if they are connected to the a/v multi-zone distrubted amp?? Do I jut use the B/K for surround and the distributed amp for the other zones? do i need a speaker switcher?

No 2) would I then use the multi-zone amp as for simply audio for the rest of the house?

No.3) In the game room, I plan on just getting a cheap receiver and using my old amp; how do I listen to the other sources here?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.