AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a projector very soon and have a couple questions. First some background - the room in in the basement with no windows and a 7 foot ceiling. It's about 12 feet wide and 24 feet long. I'm leaning towards the InFocus X1, but I'm also considering the Panny 300u. I'd rather not spend much more then $1000, plus I should be able to get the X1 at a local best buy which would make it very easy to return if I didn't like it, so I'll most likely go that route.

My main question right now is about the height of the room. It sounds like a 90" screen is optimal for either projector. I think that is something like 80" by 60". Mounting the projector on the ceiling, how high would I be able to get the top of the image? Are there any resources that cover basic stuff like this?

As for my source material, the majority will be directv and some xbox. I haven't been watching a lot of movies lately, but I'm sure a new projector would change that quickly. Regardless, there will definately be a lot of 4:3 directv. Should that sway me further towards the InFocus X1?

Any help would be appreciated, I've never even used a projector so I'm very new to this, although I have researched it in the past. I'm going to continue that research tonight and tomorrow, and I might just purchase the X1 at best buy if they have it in stock. Can anyone confirm that I can return it without any problems in the unlikely event I don't want to keep it? And are there any coupons for best buy that would apply to it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.