AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Currently in the process of looking for a new sub for my HT. I am currently running a Klipsch sytem (RF-82's up front with dual 8" woofers). My room is 14x25 (9 foot ceiling) and is open to the kitchen and dining room on the left side by a 7 foot opening and a 5 foot opening. Looking for a sub that would fill this room well. Lets assume a little more movies than music but defintely both. I would like to stay under $1000 if possible. Any recommendations on what I should start sampling would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBliss /forum/post/15524561

Hi Everyone,

Currently in the process of looking for a new sub for my HT. I am currently running a Klipsch sytem (RF-82's up front with dual 8" woofers). My room is 14x25 (9 foot ceiling) and is open to the kitchen and dining room on the left side by a 7 foot opening and a 5 foot opening. Looking for a sub that would fill this room well. Lets assume a little more movies than music but defintely both. I would like to stay under $1000 if possible. Any recommendations on what I should start sampling would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please read this thread, he is on the same budget:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1104533

Should give you lots to think about

Just noticed you mentioned sampling. You get more for your money if you go with Internet Direct subs rather than store bought subs.

If you must audition before you buy, you should make that clear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I don't have to audition before I buy. I would trust peoples opinions on this board. The only other problem is that I am in Canada and the shipping + customs fees to get a sub here sometimes ruins the direct retailers price point.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
SVS is available in Canada via Sonic Boom Audio . I would say go for either the PB12-NSD or PC-12NSD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts